Meatless Reuben Sandwich
- 1 slice rye bread
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sauerkraut
- Green bell pepper
- 1 slice mild Cheddar or Swiss cheese
- Drain sauerkraut well, placing it in a wire strainer and then pressing with the
back of a spoon to force the liquid out.
- Cut zucchini into thin slices.
- Cut thin rings from the onion and green pepper.
- Toast the bread. Spoon drained sauerkraut onto toasted bread. Arrange 4 or 5
zucchini slices on top, then add a few onion and green pepper rings. Top with the
- Place in a preheated oven or under the broiler until the cheese melts.