Melted Mozzarella Sandwiches
Delicious Italian flavors are the stars in these tasty melted mozzarella sandwiches.
Experiment with other cheeses to get flavor variations.
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 8 large spinach leaves
- 4 large tomato slices
- 4 large slices (12 ounces total) mozzarella cheese
- 8 slices wheat bread
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine oil, basil, garlic and bouillon in small bowl.
- Place spinach leaves, tomato slices and cheese on 4 bread slices; top with remaining bread slices.
Brush sandwiches with oil mixture.
- Place sandwiches on baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes or until bread is golden brown.
- Carefully turn over and bake for an additional 5 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Let stand for a few minutes.
- Cut in half diagonally.
- Serve warm.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Nestlé® and meals.com