Mexican Beef Sandwiches
- 1 (3 pound) boneless beef roast
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons fresh garlic, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) jar picante sauce or salsa
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper or hot pepper sauce
- 12 hamburger buns
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place roast in a Dutch oven. Sprinkle with onions and garlic. Cover; bake 2 1/2
to 3 hours until meat is tender and shreds easily.
- Remove roast from pan; cool slightly. Set pan and drippings aside.
- Shred roast with fork, removing any fat. place roast and all ingredients except
buns in pan with drippings. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until beef
mixture is heated through.
- Serve on buns.