North Carolina Pulled Pork BBQ Sandwiches
Cooking this roast long and slow makes for a tasty, tender sandwich. Top the
sandwich with some coleslaw for a crunchy, cool contrast. Have your favorite side
dishes and some cold watermelon for dessert.
- 1 (5 - 5 1/2 pound) boneless blade pork roast
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes, crushed
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Hot pepper sauce, to taste
- 10 to 12 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Coleslaw, (optional)
- 4 cups wood chips, (use hickory or oak for best flavor)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- BBQ Sauce: In medium bowl, combine vinegar, brown sugar, red pepper flakes,
Worcestershire sauce, salt and hot pepper sauce. Divide sauce into two portions;
- Pulled Pork: At least 1 hour before grilling, soak wood chips in enough
water to cover; drain before using.
- Rub meat with salt and black pepper.
- In a charcoal grill with a cover, place preheated coals around a drip pan
for medium indirect heat. Add 1/2 inch hot water to drip pan. Sprinkle half
of the drained wood chips over the coals.
- Place meat on grill rack over drip pan. Cover and grill about 4 hours or
until meat is very tender.
- Add more preheated coals (use a hibachi or a metal chimney starter to preheat
coals), wood chips and hot water every 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove meat from grill; cover with foil and let stand for 20-30 minutes.
- Using a fork, shred meat into long, thin strands.
- Pour sauce over shredded meat; toss to coat.
- Serve on toasted buns.
- If desired, top meat with coleslaw.
- Serve remaining sauce on the side.
Serves 10 to 12 | Prep Time 15 min | Cook Time 4 hr 20 min
For gas grills, preheat and then turn off any burners directly below where
the food will go. The heat circulates inside the grill, so turning the food is not
Nutritional Information: Calories: 397 calories Protein: 30 grams Fat: 17
grams Sodium: 572 milligrams Cholesterol: 94 milligrams Saturated Fat: 6 grams Carbohydrates:
31 grams Fiber: 2 grams
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
National Pork Board - porkbeinspired.com
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sandwich Recipes