Open Faced Salmon BLT Sandwiches
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 4 ounces Decatur Havarti cheese, cut into four slices (1 ounce each)
- 4 (1-inch thick) slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1 to 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and broken into pieces
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Grease grill grate. Heat grill to medium.
- Combine mayonnaise and garlic in small bowl. Cover and refrigerate
- Season salmon with salt and pepper. Place salmon skin side down on
grate. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 inches from the heat
for 10-12 minutes or until salmon just flakes easily.
- Top with havarti; cook, covered, for 1-2 minutes longer or until
cheese is melted.
- Spread reserved mayonnaise mixture on bread slices.
- Top with lettuce, tomatoes and salmon.
- Sprinkle with bacon.
Yield: 4 servings
Havarti is a semi-soft, Danish-style cheese with a washed curd. It’s
mild, buttery and creamy with tiny, irregular eyes or holes. A wonderful
melting and table cheese — it pairs well with Riesling wine or a pilsner.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): Dairy Farmers of
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sandwich Recipes