Original Philadelphia Cheese Steak Sandwich
- 1 (24 ounce) thinly-sliced rib eye or eye roll steak
- 6 tablespoons soy bean oil
- Cheese (Cheez Whiz is recommended), American or provolone
- 4 crusty Italian rolls
- 1 large Spanish onion
- Sweet green and red peppers, sauté ed in oil (optional)
- Mushrooms, sautéed in oil (optional)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat a cast iron skillet or nonstick pan over medium heat. Add 3 tablespoons
of the oil to the pan and sauté the onions to desired doneness. Remove the onions.
- Add remaining oil and sauté the slices of meat quickly on both sides.
- Melt the Cheez Whiz in a double boiler or in the microwave.
- Place 6 ounces of
the meat onto each roll. Add onions, and pour the Cheez Whiz over the top. Garnish
with hot fried sweet peppers, mushrooms and ketchup.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sandwich Recipes