Oyster Po'Boy Sandwiches
- 1 unsliced loaf French bread
- Unsalted butter
- 2 dozen oysters, fried in 1 cup cornmeal with 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper and 1 teaspoon baking powder added
- Pickle slices, dill or sour
- Tomato slices
- Slice the French bread in half lengthwise. Scoop out the inside of the bottom
half and toast the shell. Butter inside generously and keep warm.
- Fry oysters as directed in this recipe; drain. Place in the bread shell. Top
with the pickle slices.
- Place the top back on the loaf and warm the loaf in the oven.
- Slice into 4 servings.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.