Peppered Steak Sandwiches
- 2 (3/4 pound) boneless strip steaks
- Cracked black pepper
- 1 baguette
- Olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 pound Roquefort cheese
- Caramelized onions
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Trim excess fat from steaks. Dry them well, coat all sides with cracked pepper,
and refrigerate until needed.
- Split baguette in half lengthwise. Toast in the oven until golden brown. Drizzle
with olive oil, and rub lightly with garlic clove.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over high heat, and sear the steaks on both sides. Turn
heat down to medium, and cook to desired doneness, about 3 to 4 minutes per side
for medium rare. Sprinkle with salt, and let steaks sit for 5 minutes.
- Cut toasted baguette into four equal pieces.
- Make four sandwiches, placing thinly sliced steak atop slices of Roquefort, then
sprinkling with caramelized onions and rosemary.
- Serve immediately.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sandwich Recipes