Philly Pork Sandwiches
- 2 pork cube steaks (tenderized slices of boneless bottom round) cut in half, about 1 1/4 pounds total
- 2 tablespoons garlic pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup Caramelized Onions*
- 4 thin slices Swiss cheese
- 4 large sandwich buns
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Season steaks on both sides with garlic pepper. Heat large nonstick skillet over
medium-high heat; melt butter and cook pork quickly, browning nicely on both sides,
about 4 to 5 minutes on each side.
- Serve steaks in buns topped with some Caramelized Onions and slice of cheese.
- Caramelized Onions: Thinly slice 4 cups yellow onions; heat two teaspoons each
butter and olive oil in large skillet; add onions and one tablespoon sugar and cook
slowly over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until onions are a rich golden
brown, about 25 minutes.
Onions can be made ahead of time, covered and refrigerated for 2 to 3 days. Reheat
in microwave or reheat gently in skillet.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sandwich Recipes