Pork Chop and Waffle Sandwiches with Maple Gravy
- 4 boneless pork loin chops, about 1/4-inch thick (thin-cut)
- 6 slices bacon, halved
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, reduced-calorie
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 8 cooked waffles, warmed
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon until crisp , 8 to 10 minutes.
Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and set aside (leave the bacon fat in the
- While the bacon is cooking, in a small bowl, combine the sour cream and maple
syrup. Set aside.
- In a shallow bowl or pie pan, combine the flour, salt, and pepper. Place the
egg in another shallow bowl or pie pan. Return the skillet to medium-high heat.
One chop at a time, dredge the pork in the flour mixture, shaking off the excess,
then the egg, then the flour mixture again, adding the coated chops to the skillet.
Cook the chops until browned and cooked through, about 2 1/2 minutes per side.
- Arrange 4 waffles on plates or a platter. Top with the bacon, pork chops, sour
cream mixture, and remaining waffles and serve.
Prep Time: 15 min | Cook Time: 20 min | Servings: 4
Serving Suggestions: Good for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, these waffle sandwiches
are also nice with your favorite jam or jelly instead of the yogurt mixture, and
with a sausage patty instead of the bacon. You can also serve them as open-faced
sandwiches. On the side, try fresh fruit or breakfast potatoes.
Nutrition Information Calories: 650 calories Protein: 50 grams Fat: 31 grams
Sodium: 1490 milligrams Cholesterol: 175 milligrams Saturated Fat: 10 grams Carbohydrates:
42 grams Fiber: 1 gram
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
National Pork Board - porkbeinspired.com
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sandwich Recipes