Reuben in the Round Crescents
Looking for a cheesy dinner made with Pillsbury® crescent dinner rolls? Then
check out this delicious pastrami and sauerkraut casserole, flavored with caraway
and sesame seed.
- 2 (8-ounce) cans Pillsbury® Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
- 1 (8-ounce) package thinly sliced pastrami or corned beef
- 1 (6-ounce) package (4 slices) Swiss or mozzarella cheese
- 1 (8-ounce.) can (1 cup) sauerkraut, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seed
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Separate 1 can of dough into 4 rectangles. Place in ungreased 12-inch pizza pan
or 13 x 9-inch pan; press over bottom and 1/2 inch up sides to form crust. Firmly
press perforations to seal.
- Layer pastrami, cheese and sauerkraut over dough. Sprinkle with caraway seed.
Separate second can of dough into 8 triangles. Arrange triangles spoke-fashion over
filling with points toward center. Do not seal outer edges of triangles to bottom
crust. Sprinkle with sesame seed.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Prep Time: 25 Min | Bake Time: 25 Min | Makes: 8 servings
Nutritional Information 1 Serving (1/8 of Recipe) Calories 390 (Calories
from Fat 230), Total Fat 26g (Saturated Fat 9g, Cholesterol 45mg; Sodium 900mg;
Total Carbohydrate 24g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 5g), Protein 15g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4.00%; Vitamin C 4.00%; Calcium 25.00%; Iron
Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch; 1 1/2 High-Fat Meat; 2 1/2 Fat
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Irene Dunn, Cuyhoga Falls, Ohio. Bake-Off® Contest 27, 1976
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sandwich Recipes