Reuben in the Round Crescents
Looking for a cheesy dinner made with Pillsbury® crescent dinner rolls? Then check out this delicious pastrami and sauerkraut casserole, flavored with caraway and sesame seed.
Prep: 25 min | Bake: 25 min | Yield: 8 servings
- 2 (8 ounce) cans Pillsbury® Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
- 1 (8 ounce) package thinly sliced pastrami or corned beef
- 1 (6 ounce) package (4 slices) Swiss or mozzarella cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) can (1 cup) sauerkraut, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seed
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Separate 1 can of dough into 4 rectangles. Place in ungreased 12-inch pizza pan or 13 x 9-inch pan; press over bottom and 1/2 inch up sides to form crust. Firmly press perforations to seal.
- Layer pastrami, cheese and sauerkraut over dough. Sprinkle with caraway seed.
- Separate second can of dough into 8 triangles. Arrange triangles spoke-fashion over filling with points toward center. Do not seal outer edges of triangles to bottom crust. Sprinkle with sesame seed.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition information 1 Serving (1/8 of Recipe) Calories 390 (Calories from Fat 230), Total Fat 26g (Saturated Fat 9g, Cholesterol 45mg; Sodium 900mg; Total Carbohydrate 24g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 5g), Protein 15g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4.00%; Vitamin C 4.00%; Calcium 25.00%; Iron 10.00%
Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch; 1 1/2 High-Fat Meat; 2 1/2 Fat
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Irene Dunn, Cuyhoga Falls, Ohio. Bake-Off® Contest 27, 1976