Roast Beef with Onion Relish on Focaccia
- 3 cups narrowly wedged white onions
- 2 cups julienne cut green, red and yellow bell peppers
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 frozen wheat bread dough, thawed and soft
- Olive oil
- 1/2 cup minced white onions
- 1 teaspoon dry thyme
- 8 ounces spinach leaves
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 2 pounds roast beef, sliced
- Onion Relish: Toss onion wedges and julienne peppers with Italian dressing,
basil and pepper. Marinate in refrigerator overnight.
- Focaccia: Roll out dough to fit bottom of 15 x 10-inch pan. Place dough in
oiled pan, oil top and set in warm place until it rises about 1-inch in pan. Oil
top again and sprinkle with minced onions and thyme. Make impressions in dough about
- Bake on high rack at 400 degrees F for 16 to 20 minutes or until golden.
- Cut 8 squares and split. Fill squares with spinach, tomatoes and roast beef.
Top with onion relish.
Yield: 24 servings
Nutrition Information: Per serving: About 512 cal, 36 g pro, 57 g carb, 17
g fat, 29% cal from fat, 69 mg chol, 675 mg sod, 6 g fiber
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
National Onion Association
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.