Roast Beef Sandwiches
- 1 (3 pound) boneless chuck roast
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- About 3 (1/2-inch) slices Vidalia onion
- Place chuck roast in a roasting pan. Pour soy sauce over meat. Add celery and
onion slices. Cover pan with a lid. Bake at 250 degrees F for 5 hours. DO NOT OPEN
LID TO PEEK AT MEAT. THIS WILL REDUCE YOUR LIQUID JUICES.
- Allow meat to cool for 15 minutes and remove from the pan, reserving all liquid
in the pan. Separate meat with a fork and return to the pan, stirring it into the
- Serve on semi-hard Kaiser rolls or thick slices of dense bread.