- 8 ounces (2 cups) grated sharp Cheddar cheese (at room temperature)
- 4 to 6 scallions, thinly sliced (including some green tops), or 1/4 cup minced peeled onion
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Old Bay Seafood Seasoning
- 1 pound peeled, deveined (tails removed) cooked shrimp, cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 French or club rolls or hot dog buns, each split in half
- In a medium bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients, mixing well. Stir in shrimp;
- Scoop out the soft part of each roll half. Fill each roll half with shrimp mixture,
dividing evenly. Arrange filled rolls on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil;
broil about 6 inches from heat source for about 5 minutes or until hot and bubbly
and lightly browned.
- Garnish as desired and serve immediately.