- 1 pound peeled raw shrimp (50-60 count)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon crushed hot red pepper
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 small sweet green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small sweet red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 hoagie buns
- In large cast iron frying pan, melt the 1/4 cup butter with olive oil. Add garlic
and hot red pepper. On low heat cook about 10 minutes, so as to blend flavors. Add
shrimp and cook until they are a deep pink.
- In small frying pan, melt the 4 tablespoons butter. Add onion with red and green
pepper slices. Cook until soft, not browned.
- Place in small serving dish. Divide shrimp mixture into the two buns, and drizzle
with the drippings. Top with onion/pepper mixture.
Makes 2 large sandwiches.