Sloppy Joe Pockets
Take the "sloppy" out of Sloppy Joes by encasing the meat mixture in pizza dough.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 package McCormick® Sloppy Joe Seasoning Mix
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 (10 ounce) can refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup pizza toppings, such as mushrooms, bell peppers, onion or olives
- Brown meat in large skillet on medium-high heat. Drain fat. Stir in Seasoning
Mix and tomato puree. Set aside to cool.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Unroll pizza dough onto greased baking sheet.
Cut dough into 4 squares. Sprinkle 1/4 cup cheese onto one-third of square lengthwise.
Spoon beef mixture over cheese. (Do not spread to the edge). Top with pizza toppings.
Fold side of dough over filling. Press around edges of pocket with a fork to seal.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Yield: 4 servings | Prep: 15 min | Cook: 30 min
Make Ahead Tip: Cooked pockets can be wrapped tightly in foil and frozen. Reheat
in preheated 350 degrees F oven 20 minutes or until heated through.
per serving Calories: 600 Fat: 28 g Carbohydrates: 49 g Cholesterol: 95 mg
Sodium: 1597 mg Fiber: 4 g Protein: 36 g
Recipe and photo used with permission from: McCormick