- 1 to 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1/2 cup minced green bell pepper
- 1 pound firm tofu, frozen, then thawed and mashed
- 6 tablespoons ketchup
- 6 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pepper, to taste
- 4 buns, lightly toasted
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and green pepper
and sauté until the vegetables are well cooked, about 5 minutes. Add the tofu and
sauté for another 15 minutes, until the tofu is completely cooked.
- Add ketchup, chili sauce, salt and pepper and continue to cook over low heat until
the mixture is heated through. Add a little water if the mixture is too dry.
- Spoon onto lightly toasted buns.
Makes 4 servings.