Soft Shell Crab Sandwiches
- 1/2 cup flour (approximately)
- Old Bay Seafood seasoning
- 4 soft shell crabs, fresh or thawed, cleaned
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 4 sesame seed hamburger buns, toasted
- 1/4 cup tartar sauce
- Put the flour in a shallow bowl and season it with the seasoning.
- Fill a skillet with oil to a depth of 1/2 inch and heat it over medium high heat
until a pinch of flour foams instantly on hitting the oil. Reduce the heat to medium
- Dredge the crabs in the seasoned flour, shaking off the excess and cook as many
as will fit in the oil at a time until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side.
- While the crabs are cooking put lettuce and tartar sauce on bottom half of each
bun. Drain fried crabs on paper towels and put on sandwiches.
- Serve at once.
Posted by Darlene at Recipe Goldmine 4/25/02 3:13:24 am.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sandwich Recipes