Spicy Steak and Pepper Hoagies
Tender strips of steak, spicy vegetables and Colby Jack cheese stuffed into a
hoagie roll for a hearty sandwich.
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless beef New York strip
steak, cut diagonally across grain in bite-size strips
- 1 large green bell pepper,
cut into strips
- 1 large onion, cut vertically into eight wedges
- 1 can (10
oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced
- Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
- 1 cup shredded reduced fat Colby Jack cheese
- Preheat broiler. Spray 12-inch skillet with cooking spray; heat over high heat.
Add beef strips; cook and stir 4 minutes or until browned. Remove from skillet;
cover to keep warm.
- Add pepper and onion to skillet. Cook over medium-high heat 3 to 4 minutes or
until crisp-tender. Stir in undrained tomatoes. Cook until hot and most of liquid
- Open up each roll; top evenly with beef. Divide vegetables evenly among rolls.
Place open rolls on baking sheet; sprinkle cheese over vegetables.
- Broil 4 inches
from heat 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
Prep Time: 30 Min | Total Time: 30 Min | Makes: 6 servings (1 sandwich each)
Nutrition Information: Serving Size: 6 servings (1 sandwich each) Calories:
% Daily Value* Total Fat 13 gram 20% Saturated fat 5 gram 27% Cholesterol
76 mg 25% Sodium 1013 mg 42% Carbohydrate 64 gram 21% Dietary fiber 4 gram 17% Sugars
4 gram Protein 40 gram Vitamin A 11% Vitamin C 45% Calcium 39% Iron 29%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Reprinted with permission from