Steak Bruschetta Sandwich
- 2 pounds Certified Angus Beef ® top blade steak
- 1 cup seeded and diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons pitted and chopped kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 1 loaf Italian or French bread
- Combine tomatoes, olives, basil, red onion, vinegar and 2 tablespoons olive oil
in a small mixing bowl.
- Place steaks on grill over medium heat. Grill uncovered to desired doneness,
turning once. Place on cutting board and allow to rest 5 minutes. Slice thinly across
- Slice bread in half lengthwise, brush bread with remaining olive oil and grill
until surface is crisp and golden, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove bread and sprinkle
- To assemble, place steak on bread and top with tomato-Olive Salsa.
Serving option: Slice bread into 1/2-inch thick slices, top with greens, steak
and salsa for appetizers.
Recipe and photo credit: Certified Angus Beef® brand.