Steak and Veggie Sandwiches
- 1 pound beef round tip steak, cut 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 crusty hoagie rolls, about 6 inches long, split
- 4 (3/4 ounce) slices mozzarella cheese
- Cut beef into strips. Set aside.
- In large skillet, heat 1 teaspoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Add zucchini,
onion, bell pepper and Italian seasoning. Stir fry 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp-tender.
Remove from skillet.
- In same skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil until hot. Stir fry beef in two batches,
1 to 2 minutes each. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in zucchini mixture; heat
- Arrange 1/4 of beef mixture on bottom of each roll; top each with 1 cheese slice.
Place on rack in broiler pan so surface of cheese is 4 inches from heat.
- Broil for 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Makes 4 sandwiches
Nutrients per sandwich: 528 calories, 39 grams protein, 58 grams carbohydrates,
14 grams fat, 836 mg sodium, 84 mg cholesterol