Stick to a Monte Cristo
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup Christopher Ranch roasted garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- 6 slices large, square white bread
- 1 pound thinly sliced rosemary ham (available in our deli)
- 5 ounces thinly sliced Swiss cheese
- 4 (8-inch) bamboo skewers
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup garlic-flavored olive oil
Honey-Balsamic and Apricot Syrup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup small diced yellow onions
- 2 tablespoons Christopher Ranch chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped rosemary
- Monte Cristo: Cream together cream cheese, roasted garlic and parsley. Spread
1/5th of the mixture onto the first slice of bread. Top with 3 ounces ham and 1
ounce Swiss cheese. Top with another slice of bread and repeat layering with cream
cheese, ham, Swiss cheese and bread. Finish off the top with the last slice of bread.
Slide 1 bamboo skewer into the top of the sandwich at each side. With a sharp serrated
knife, cut crusts off the edges of the sandwich. Make 2 diagonal slices through
the sandwich to create 4 equal triangles.
- Whisk together eggs and milk. Dip each sandwich skewer into the egg mixture,
coat all sides well and place on a separate plate. Heat olive oil on a griddle over
medium heat. Place all of the skewers onto the griddle and brown for approximately
2 minutes on each side. Serve with Honey-Balsamic and Apricot Syrup.
- Honey-Balsamic and Apricot Syrup: Heat olive oil in a small saucepan over medium
heat. Add onions and sauté until translucent. Add garlic and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes.
Add remaining ingredients and let simmer for an additional 10 minutes. Remove from
heat and place into a food processor or blender. Puree until smooth.
- Serve with Monte Cristo sandwiches.