Supper on a Slice
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chuck
- 1/2 cup cracker crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Accent
- 2 cups shredded cheese (Cheddar and Monterey jack)
- 1 loaf French bread
- Combine ingredients, except bread, and stir mixture well.
- Cut a loaf of French bread lengthwise and spread mixture on cut sides of bread.
Place on cookie sheet with foil crushed around the sides of the bread, but not covering
the top. Bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes.
- When ready to serve, cut the bread in 2 to 3-inch pieces.