Tex Mex Turkey Sandwich
- 8 large slices dense good-quality bread
- 4 slices turkey or smoked turkey (or enough sliced turkey meat to cover the bread)
- 4 ounces chopped canned green chiles
- Slices of jalapeno or pickled jalapeno pepper, optional
- 8 to 12 ounces grated Monterey Jack cheese
- On 4 slices of bread, layer equal amounts of turkey, chiles and cheese.
- Place sandwiches about 4 inches from preheated broiler and broil long
enough to melt cheese (2 minutes or so).
- Top with second bread slice.