The Benedict features Canadian bacon, eggs, Cold Pack Cheddar, buttery Gouda and fresh spinach layered in an English muffin. What a way to start the day or enjoy anytime you please.
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 4 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- 8 slices Canadian bacon
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 English muffins, split
- 4 tablespoons Wisconsin Sharp Cheddar Cold Pack Cheese
- 4 slices Wisconsin Gouda Cheese
- 4 ounces fresh spinach leaves
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Heat 3-4 quarts water to just below boiling point. Add vinegar and pinch of salt.
Gently stir the water. Lower heat so water is simmering. Crack eggs into the water
one at a time and poach gently for 4-5 minutes. Remove with slotted spoon and season
with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, heat griddle or skillet over medium heat; fry Canadian bacon until
lightly browned. Remove from griddle; set bacon aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter to skillet. Spread each bottom of English muffin with
1 tablespoon Sharp Cheddar Cold Pack. Place in heated skillet. Top each bottom in
pan with 1 slice Gouda, about 1 ounce spinach, 2 slices Canadian bacon, and 1 slice
of tomato. Cook over medium heat until cheese is melted. Remove to a plate and top
each with a poached egg.
- Serve open-faced with remaining muffin halves, toasted
and buttered, on the side.
Makes 4 sandwiches
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sandwich Recipes