The Lisa Marie
A more elaborate version of Elvis's favorite peanut butter and banana sandwich!
- 8 slices bacon
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 4 thick slices firm white bread
- 8 tablespoons peanut butter
- 4 (1 1/2-ounce) slices Wisconsin Butterkäse cheese
- 2-3 bananas, sliced or chunked
- 1 cup hot fudge or chocolate sauce
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place bacon slices on baking sheet pan with sides (jelly roll pan) and bake until
lightly browned and starting to crisp, about 5-6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix brown sugar and maple syrup until smooth. Brush hot bacon slices
with mixture, using a pastry brush. Return to oven for another 5-6 minutes, turning
once and being careful not to burn sugar. Remove to cooling rack and let cool.
- Heat griddle or sauté pan over medium heat. Butter one side of bread slices.
Spread other side with peanut butter. Top each slice, peanut butter-side up, with
1 Butterkäse slice and some banana slices. Place butter-side down on griddle and
grill until sandwich bread bottoms are light golden brown.
- Meanwhile, heat chocolate sauce until warm. Dip each slice of bacon into warm
chocolate to cover half of strip and place over bananas.
- To serve, drizzle sandwiches with additional chocolate sauce.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sandwich Recipes