- 2 eggs, thoroughly beaten
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper
- 1 pound aged cheese
- Combine eggs, Worcestershire sauce, salt, black pepper and red pepper. Stir this
mixture thoroughly. Set aside.
- Put about 1/2 to 3/4 bottle of beer in a large saucepan. Add cheese immediately.
Cook very slowly, stirring constantly until cheese begins to thicken. Add the egg
mixture. Stir rapidly until it thickens to suit your taste.
- Serve over toast points or on saltines with thinly sliced Bermuda onion for a
quick, light supper.