Western Trail Sandwiches
To salvage eggs which had gone bad and to disguise the bad taste, pioneers mixed
the eggs with onions and any seasonings they had on hand.
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 eggs
- Fry bacon in a skillet for several minutes.
- Toss in the green pepper and onion and cook until vegetables are almost tender.
- Beat eggs with the salt and pepper;
pour over mixture in the skillet, then cook until eggs are set. Turn and brown the
second side lightly.
- Place between slices of buttered bread.
Makes 4 sandwiches.