Bacon and Onion Bratwursts
- 2 slices bacon
- 2 medium onions, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 4 links fully cooked bratwurst or knockwurst, or 4 frankfurters
- 4 hot dog buns, split and toasted
- Dijon-style mustard
- In a large skillet cook bacon till crisp.
- Drain bacon, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings.
- Crumble bacon and set aside.
- Cook onions and green bell pepper in reserved drippings, covered, over medium
heat about 5 minutes or till tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the 1 tablespoon mustard.
- Score bratwurst 1/4 inch deep at 1 inch intervals; add to onion mixture.
- Cover and cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until heated through.
- Spread buns with additional mustard.
- Place bratwurst in buns.
- Top with onions and green pepper.
- Sprinkle with bacon.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.