Brats 'n' Beer
- 1 (12 ounce) can or bottle beer (not dark)
- 4 bratwurst (about 1 pound)
- 1 sweet or Spanish onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 hot dog buns
- Prepare coals for direct grilling.
- Pour beer into heavy medium saucepan with
ovenproof handle. (If not ovenproof, wrap heavy-duty foil around handle.)
- Place saucepan on grill.
- Pierce bratwurst with knife; add to beer.
- Simmer, uncovered, over medium coals, 15 minutes, turning once.
- Place onion rings on heavy-duty foil.
- Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Fold sides of foil over rings to enclose.
- Place onion slices on grill.
- Grill, uncovered, 10 to 15 minutes or until onion slices are tender.
- Transfer bratwurst to grill.
- Remove saucepan from grill; discard beer.
- Grill bratwurst, 10 minutes or until browned and cooked through, turning once.
- Place bratwurst in rolls.
- Top each with onions.
- Garnish as desired.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.