Sandwich and Wrap Recipes
Coconut Hot Dogs
- Oil (for frying)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/16 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons oil
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup beer (at room temperature)
- 6 hot dogs
- 1 cup coconut, slightly chopped
- 3 tablespoons flour
- Heat oil to 350 degrees F.
- Combine flour, cornstarch, salt and pepper.
- Stir in 1 1/2 teaspoons oil and desired
amount of beer so batter is not too thin.
- Coat hot dogs with batter, lifting out
of batter with a fork.
- Sprinkle with coconut.
- Roll lightly in flour.
- Fry hot dogs one at a time in oil until golden.
- Heat in 275 degrees F oven for 8 to 10 minutes
until center of hot dogs are heated.