Coconut Hot Dogs
- Oil (for frying)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/16 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons oil
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup beer (at room temperature)
- 6 hot dogs
- 1 cup coconut, slightly chopped
- 3 tablespoons flour
- Heat oil to 350 degrees F.
- Combine flour, cornstarch, salt and pepper.
- Stir in 1 1/2 teaspoons oil and desired
amount of beer so batter is not too thin.
- Coat hot dogs with batter, lifting out
of batter with a fork.
- Sprinkle with coconut.
- Roll lightly in flour.
- Fry hot dogs one at a time in oil until golden.
- Heat in 275 degrees F oven for 8 to 10 minutes
until center of hot dogs are heated.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.