County Fair Corn Dogs
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 pound hot dogs (I use Sabrett's or Boar's Head)
- Flour for dredging the hot dogs
- Oil for frying
- Heat the oil to 375 degrees F.
- Combine dry ingredients. Add egg, oil, milk and mustard. Mixing well.
- Insert wooden skewers (or new Popsicle sticks) lengthwise into hot dogs. Coat
with flour, then dip into batter, coating well.
- Fry in deep hot oil for 2-3 minutes or till golden brown. Drain on paper towels
to absorb any oil. Keep in a warm oven until you use up all of the hot dogs.
- Serve with mustard and enjoy!
Posted by bettyboop50 at recipegoldmine.com.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.