Serve hot dogs in a new way. Enjoy these tortillas filled with beef dogs, bell
pepper and jalapeño slices, wrapped with bacon strip – a distinctive dinner made
ready in 15 minutes.
- 4 beef hot dogs
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, sliced (1/4 cup)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 4 slices uncooked bacon
- 4 flour tortillas (6 inch)
- 1/4 cup pickled sliced jalapeño chiles, drained
- Set oven control to broil.
- Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. Place hot dogs on cookie sheet. Broil
with tops 4 to 6 inches from heat 4 to 5 minutes or until hot. Set aside; keep warm.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F. In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high
heat until hot. Cook onion and bell peppers in oil 4 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently,
until slightly softened and brown. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- In same skillet, cook bacon 4 to 6 minutes or until brown but still limp.
- Place 1 hot dog on each tortilla; top each with one-fourth of the onion-pepper
mixture. Set aside 4 jalapeño slices; divide remaining jalapeño slices among tortillas.
Wrap each tortilla around filling, then wrap bacon slice around each tortilla; secure
with a toothpick, and garnish with 1 jalapeño slice. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F 5 to 8 minutes or until bacon is crispy and filling is
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. Place hot dogs on grill over medium heat. Cook uncovered
10 to 15 minutes, turning frequently, until hot.
prep time 15 min | servings 4
Nutrition Facts Serving Size: 1 Serving Calories 330 Calories from Fat 200
Total Fat 22g Saturated Fat 7g Trans Fat 1g Cholesterol 35mg Sodium 1030mg Total
Carbohydrate 22g Dietary Fiber 1g Sugars 4g Protein 11gm
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15% Vitamin C 25% Calcium 6% Iron 10%
Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat
Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 3 Fat
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Pillsbury
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.