Serve hot dogs in a new way. Enjoy these tortillas filled with beef dogs, bell
pepper and jalapeño slices, wrapped with bacon strip – a distinctive dinner made
ready in 15 minutes.
- 4 beef hot dogs
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, sliced (1/4 cup)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 4 slices uncooked bacon
- 4 flour tortillas (6 inch)
- 1/4 cup pickled sliced
jalapeño chiles, drained
- Set oven control to broil.
- Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. Place hot dogs on cookie sheet. Broil
with tops 4 to 6 inches from heat 4 to 5 minutes or until hot. Set aside; keep warm.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F. In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high
heat until hot. Cook onion and bell peppers in oil 4 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently,
until slightly softened and brown. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- In same skillet, cook bacon 4 to 6 minutes or until brown but still limp.
- Place 1 hot dog on each tortilla; top each with one-fourth of the onion-pepper
mixture. Set aside 4 jalapeño slices; divide remaining jalapeño slices among tortillas.
Wrap each tortilla around filling, then wrap bacon slice around each tortilla; secure
with a toothpick, and garnish with 1 jalapeño slice. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F 5 to 8 minutes or until bacon is crispy and filling is
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. Place hot dogs on grill over medium heat. Cook uncovered
10 to 15 minutes, turning frequently, until hot.
prep time 15 min
total time 15 min
Nutrition Facts Serving Size: 1 Serving Calories 330 Calories from Fat 200
Total Fat 22g Saturated Fat 7g Trans Fat 1g Cholesterol 35mg Sodium 1030mg Total
Carbohydrate 22g Dietary Fiber 1g Sugars 4g Protein 11gm
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15% Vitamin C 25% Calcium 6% Iron 10%
Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat
Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 3 Fat
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Reprinted with permission from