Dog in a Dog
Let the kids help with this fun recipe. It would make a perfect after school
- Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls, thawed but still cold
- hot dogs
- sliced cheese
- Combine two rolls and flatten into a 7 x 5-inch rectangle. Place on a sprayed
- Place a hot dog on the dough and roll the dough around the hot dog leaving excess
dough on one end to make the head. Pinch a small tail on the other end of the dog.
- Pinch the dough together behind the head to form the neck.
- Cut another roll into three pieces. The first piece is slightly larger than 1/2
of the roll. The other two pieces are half of what is left.
- Roll the larger piece into a 6-inch rope that is very thin in the center. Lay
the rope over the pinched neck and flatten the ends to make the ears.
- Roll the other two pieces into 4-inch ropes that are thin in the center but have
small balls on the ends. Place these under the dog to make the feet.
- Repeat steps to make as many dogs as desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Use cheese, black
beans and olives for eyes and nose.
Prep Time: 20-30 min (not including thaw time)
Bake Time: 20 min
Reprinted with permission from
Rhodes International - rhodesbread.com.