Dogs in Blankets
- 8 skinless hot dogs
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Fat for frying (part bacon, part lard)
- Put wooden skewer in each hot dog.
- Roll in flour and shake off excess.
- Sift 1/2 cup flour and next 3 ingredients into bowl.
- Add egg and buttermilk and beat with whisk to form a smooth thick batter.
- Holding skewer, dip hot dog in batter, coating well.
- Drop into hot deep fat (375 degrees F to 400 degrees F) and fry until golden
- Drain on paper towels and serve at once with mustard.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.