Italian Sausage and Peppers
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet Italian sausage
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 6 crusty, submarine sandwich rolls, sesame seeded or plain
- Slice the rolls making a nice pocket to fill.
- Place the sausages in a large nonstick skillet.
- Add two table spoons of olive oil pierce the casings with a fork.
- Cover sausages, reduce heat and simmer for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove sausages and slice into 1 inch pieces on an angle.
- Heat a second skillet over medium high heat. Add two tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add garlic, onion, and peppers.
- Season vegetables with salt, and pepper.
- Combine the cooked peppers and onions to the sausages.
- Toss and turn the sausage, peppers and onions, picking up all the drippings from the pan.
- Pile the meat and peppers into the sub rolls and serve.
Yield: 6 sandwiches
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.