Italian Sausage Sandwiches
The recipe says mild Italian sausage but I used a mix of mild and hot Italian
sausage. It came in 6 inch links so I didn't have to cut it. I sautéed the
pepper mix in a frying pan for convenience and cut the peppers into strips. Finally,
I simmered the sausage in the marinara sauce for about 45 minutes. It turned out
perfectly. Hope you guys like it too.
- 1 pound mild Italian sausage
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 2 onions
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 4 (6-inch) hoagie rolls
- Minced garlic
- Italian seasoning
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Cut sausage into six-inch links.
- Grill for approximately 20 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Set sausage aside.
- Cut onions and peppers into half-moon wedges and place in a large bowl.
- Add two tablespoons of minced garlic, 3 tablespoons of
Italian seasoning and 1/2 cup of olive oil. Mix well.
- Place the mixture of peppers and onions on the grill and sauté until soft.
- Place the sausage in the hoagie roll, top with onions and peppers, marinara sauce
and Parmesan cheese.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 12/5/2001 10:18 pm.
Source: Slidell Heritage Festival - theneworleanschannel.com
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.