Little Italy Sausage Sandwiches
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage links, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 cup sliced onions
- 1 (6 ounce) can Italian tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups mixed salad greens
- Italian salad dressing, to taste
- 4 (6- to 7-inch) French rolls, hollowed out to leave a 1/2-inch shell
- Brown sausage with onions; drain.
- Add tomato paste and water, mixing well.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Mix salad greens and dressing.
- Divide sausage and greens evenly among rolls.