Little Italy Sausage Sandwiches
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage links, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 cup sliced onions
- 1 (6 ounce) can Italian tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups mixed salad greens
- Italian salad dressing, to taste
- 4 (6- to 7-inch) French rolls, hollowed out to leave a 1/2-inch shell
- Brown sausage with onions; drain.
- Add tomato paste and water, mixing well.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Mix salad greens and dressing.
- Divide sausage and greens evenly among rolls.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.