Poke a hole in a hoagie bun and send your hot dog swimming in pineapple salsa!
- 8 beef hot dogs
- 8 small hoagie buns, unsliced
- 1 cup pineapple salsa
- 2 medium green onions, sliced (2 tablespoons)
- Heat gas or charcoal grill.
- Place hot dogs on grill over medium heat.
Cook uncovered 10 to 15 minutes, turning
frequently, until hot.
- Using handle of wooden spoon, poke a hole through center of each bun lengthwise
to make hole for hot dog.
- In small bowl, mix salsa and green onions; spoon 2 tablespoons salsa mixture
into hole in each bun.
- Place hot dog in each bun; top with additional salsa,
- To broil hot dogs, set oven control to broil.
- Spray cookie sheet with cooking
- Place hot dogs on cookie sheet.
- Broil with tops 4 to 6 inches from heat 4
to 5 minutes or until hot.
prep time 15 min
total time 15 min
Nutrition Facts: Serving Size: 1 Serving Calories 340 Calories from Fat 150
Total Fat 16g Saturated Fat 6g Trans Fat 1g Cholesterol 25mg Sodium 1020mg Total
Dietary Fiber 2g Sugars 7g Protein 11g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%Vitamin C 0%Calcium 10% Iron 15%
Exchanges: 2 1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat
Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 2 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Reprinted with permission from