Red Devil Franks
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1 pound frankfurters (8 to 10)
- Frankfurter buns (8 to 10)
- Cook onion and garlic in margarine over low heat until onion is tender, about
10 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Add salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, sugar and chili sauce.
- Continue heating until flavors are well blended, about 5 minutes.
- Split frankfurters lengthwise and arrange split-side up in shallow pan.
- Spoon sauce over frankfurters and heat under broiler until frankfurters
are hot and sauce is bubbly, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Serve hot on split, toasted frankfurter buns.
- Spoon on extra sauce.