- 3 slices bacon, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green bell pepper
- 3/4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 10 hot dogs, sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 10 hamburger buns
- Cook bacon until crispy.
- Add onion and green pepper; cook until limp.
- Add pineapple juice, ketchup and chili powder.
- Add hot dog slices; cover and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer 8 to 10 minutes.
- Spoon onto warm hamburger buns.
- Sprinkle with cheese if desired.