Spicy Sausage Sandwiches
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 1 large fresh banana pepper
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced Vidalia or sweet onion
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 6 English muffins, split and toasted
- 6 slices Colby or Jack cheese
- Salsa: Remove seeds and membranes from jalapeno and banana peppers if desired
(for a less spicy salsa).
- Dice peppers and place in a bowl; add remaining salsa ingredients and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Sandwich: Form the sausage into 6 patties; cook in a skillet over medium heat
until meat is no longer pink.
- Place each on an English muffin half.
- Top with 1 tablespoon salsa and a slice of cheese.
- Cover with other muffin half.
- Serve remaining salsa on the side.
Yields 6 servings
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.