Twin Cities Dogs
We love our hometown so much we created the Twin Cities Dog: Two hot dogs with double cheese (two kinds, of course), wrapped in Crescents and served on (yep, you guessed it) two sticks.
Prep: 10 min | Servings: 4
- 8 large hot dogs
- 1 (1 ounce) stickmozzarella string cheese, cut lengthwise into 8 strips
- 1 (1 ounce) stick Cheddar string cheese, cut lengthwise into 8 strips
- 1 (8 ounce) can Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls or 1 can (8 ounces) Pillsbury® Crescent Recipe Creations® refrigerated seamless dough sheet
- 1 egg, beaten
- 8 wooden corn dog or wooden craft sticks
- Ketchup and mustard, if desired
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Slit hot dogs to within 1/2 inch of ends; insert 1 strip of mozzarella and 1 strip of Cheddar cheese into each slit.
- Separate or cut dough into 4 rectangles (if using crescent rolls, press perforations to seal).
- Place 2 hot dogs crosswise down center of each rectangle.
- Cut 1-inch-wide strips in dough on each side of hot dogs to within 1/4 inch of hot dogs.
- Fold strips at an angle across hot dogs, alternating from side to side.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet, cheese side up.
- Brush top of crescent with beaten egg.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Insert 1 stick into each hot dog.
- Garnish with ketchup and mustard.
Nutrition Facts Serving Size: 1 Serving Calories 640 Calories from Fat 460 Total Fat 51g Saturated Fat 19g Trans Fat 4g
Cholesterol 125mg Sodium 1900mg Total Carbohydrate 26g Dietary Fiber 0g Sugars 8g Protein 20g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 10% Iron 10%
Exchanges:1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 High-Fat Meat; 6 Fat
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: