- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1 fresh jalapeno, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup fresh or canned diced tomato
- 4 hamburger buns
- Sauté onions, green bell pepper, jalapeno pepper and garlic in oil until onions are translucent.
- Add beef and cook, stirring until meat is lightly browned. Drain off all fat, add salt, pepper and cumin and cook for 1 minute more, stirring all the time to season evenly.
- Add ketchup and tomatoes and cook, uncovered, over low heat until reduced to a thick sauce.
- Serve on toasted buns.