Alaska Salmon Melts
- 1 (14.75 ounce) can or 2 (7.5 ounce) cans traditional pack Alaska salmon or 2 (6 to 7.1 ounce) cans or pouches skinless, boneless salmon, drained and chunked
- 1/3 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 to 4 English muffins, split
- Spread: Mix salmon with mayonnaise, parsley, lemon juice, seasoned salt, and
- Stir in 1/2 cup cheese.
- Sandwich: Set oven to broil.
- Lightly toast cut side of muffins on baking sheet
about 5 inches from heat.
- Spoon 1/4 cup salmon mixture (for 8 servings) or 1/3 cup
(for 6 servings) onto each toasted muffin half.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Broil for 3 to 4 minutes until cheese melts and is lightly browned.
Variation: Substitute shredded pepper-jack or Swiss cheese for Cheddar.
Nutrients per serving: 262 calories, 16g total fat, 5g saturated fat, 54%
of calories from fat, 48mg cholesterol, 17g protein, 13g carbohydrate, 1g fiber,
643mg sodium, 227mg calcium and 1g omega-3 fatty acids
Recipe used with permission from Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute.