Cheesy Nacho Mushroom Melts
These Mushroom melts are so deliciously divine and a comfort food that is surprisingly light, you won’t need a nap after these.
- 2 sandwich rolls (seeded gluten free)
- Handful kale, washed and patted dry
- 2 Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1 to 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 10 crimini mushrooms, brushed clean and sliced
- 1/3 cup Noocho Cheese Sauce*
* Noocho cheese sauce is vegan cheese sauce. Regular cheese sauce may be substituted.
- In large saucepan over medium heat, melt coconut oil and add mushroom slices. Do not turn mushrooms, allow to brown for several minutes, until crispy crunchy browned.
- In small saucepan or microwave, heat Noocho Cheese Sauce.
- Assemble sandwiches: split rolls, layer bottom half with kale.
- Top with tomato slices, then pile on the hot mushrooms.
- Cover with Noocho Cheese and top bun.
- Enjoy immediately.
Yield: 2 sandwiches
Recipe courtesy of Kristina of Spabettie. Spabettie is a blogger ambassador and participated in the mushroom makeover 30 day weight loss challenge.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
The Mushroom Council