Sandwich and Wrap Recipes
Crab Melt Sandwiches
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 pound fresh lump crab meat, picked over
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, or to taste
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons coarse-grained mustard
- 4 (1 inch thick) slices Italian bread, with crust removed
- 4 teaspoons freshly grated Parmesan
- Unsalted butter, softened, if desired
- Heat broiler.
- Put crab meat in a bowl and add 1 tablespoon lime juice and toss to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together remaining tablespoon lime juice, mayonnaise and mustard until smooth.
- Pour sauce over crab and toss to coat.
- Season crab mixture with salt and pepper and chill, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Lightly toast bread. Lightly butter toast. Spoon one fourth crab mixture into 1/2 cup measure.
- Holding toast on top of mixture in measure, invert crab onto the toast an set on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Repeat procedure with remaining crab mixture and toast and sprinkle 1 tablespoon Parmesan over each sandwich.
- Broil sandwiches about 3 inches from heat until cheese is melted and golden, 1 to 2 minutes.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine 6/19/01 5:49:26 am.
Source: BakeryShoppe by Skeeter