Gooey Grilled Mozzarella Cheese Sandwiches
with Beer-Battered Bread
Kick it up a notch by battering your grilled cheese sandwiches.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup brown ale
- 1/8 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 8 slices thick (about 1/2-inch slices) dense bread
- 16 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, plus more if needed
- In a large shallow bowl, whisk eggs, beer, flour, salt and chili powder. Dunk one slice of bread into the batter on both sides. Let the excess batter drain back into the bowl.
- Move battered bread to another plate and top with cheese. Repeat with another slice of bread, and lay over the cheese.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Place the sandwich in the middle, and let cook on each side for 3-4 minutes, until it reaches a golden brown and cheese is melted and gooey.
- Repeat for all sandwiches.
Yield: 4 sandwiches
Photo credit: (c) Can Stock Photo / FomaA
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.