Grands Tuna Melts
Melt-in-your-mouth tuna sandwiches get their wraps from flaky refrigerated biscuits.
- 2 (5-ounce) cans water-packed tuna, well drained
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (16.3-ounce)
can Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Flaky Layers original biscuits
- 4 ounces (1 cup) shredded
- Sour cream, if desired
- Chopped tomato, if desired
lettuce, if desired
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease cookie sheet.
- In medium bowl, combine tuna, onion, mayonnaise, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits.
- Place 4 biscuits on greased cookie sheet.
or roll each to form a 5-inch round.
- Spoon tuna mixture into center of biscuits.
- Top each with cheese.
- Press or roll remaining 4 biscuits to form 5-inch rounds.
- Place over filling.
- Press edges to seal.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cut each sandwich in half.
- Top each with sour cream, tomato and lettuce.
prep time 15 min
total time 35 min
Nutrition Facts: Serving Size: 1 Sandwich Calories 350 Calories from Fat
190 Total Fat 21g Saturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 3 1/2g Cholesterol 30mg Sodium 840mg
Total Carbohydrate 25g Dietary Fiber 0g Sugars 6g Protein 15g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 10% Iron 10%
Exchanges:1 1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat
Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 3
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Reprinted with permission from