Grilled Cheese Roll-Ups
Feeling adventurous? Experiment with different varieties of cheese! Swap in a
Wisconsin fontina, colby jack, Swiss or muenster for a new warm and gooey
grilled cheese idea.
- 8 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 8 (.8 ounce) slices Crystal Farms Cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter, cubed and divided
- Flatten bread slices to 1/4-inch thickness; top each with cheddar. Roll up tightly.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook roll-ups, in batches, for 3-4 minutes turning until sides are golden brown. Add remaining butter as necessary.
- Serve immediately.
Any brand of Wisconsin cheddar cheese can be used.
Whole wheat or whole grain bread could also be substituted.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin